1.15.2009

First Post and Sanctified Swear Words

Well, this is, I guess, the slightly more holy counterpart to my other blog. I'm saying that because this is my Christianised blog. Sometimes I'll post about theology, or something I learned that day, and sometimes I'll post something funny. Sometimes I'll post something totally different and you will so surprised you'll think Jesus just told me to leg-drop you.

Anyway, here's my take on sanctified swear words.

1. Fudge:
We all know what it means, and we all know what is implied. The truth is, whenever I say this, I'm thinking something else. And it's a proven fact that 99% of Christians and 12% of Christian gophers are as well. And I would assume that you're thinking of something else as well. Unless you're at a potluck (because all Christians like potlucks), and someone brings actual fudge, then out of sheer excitement might you scream "fudge!!!!!" and mean it.

2. Sugar:
First of all, what the crap? Where does anyone see an 'h' in this word? Nowhere. I say we boycott the English language until they start spelling how they pronounce or vice versa. Second of all, I might just be inclined to use this word to express my hate for the seemingly bad, albeit correct spelling of this word. i.e. "SUGAR!! Man, I hate how they spell that word, 'sugar'." Or something like that.

3. Gosh darn it
Seriously, I don't even have anything funny to say about this one, well maybe I do, that anyone who says this should be leg dropped severely and have skittles thrown at them from the balcony. No one is not thinking about something else when they say this. It's just dumb. I'd rather someone take the Lord's name in vain around me than to say this. In my opinion it's worse, because you're trying to cover up the fact that you're taking God's name in vain and it's not working. Epic fail.

4. Freakin
This word is freakin legit. Nuff said.

I'm sure there are a lot of sanctified swear words that I missed. Comments please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my math teacher says "gosh darn it"....and he's serious when he says it

KC said...

tell him he just lost some JCPs. Give him 5 JCDs.